2023 STRONGER TOGETHER Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Summit
Many Georgia businesses are realizing the competitive advantages and leading the way using Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion as a sustainability and growth strategy. Three Chambers of Commerce – Henry, Clayton, and Fayette – serving counties located in the Southern Crescent of metro Atlanta, are collaborating to present the STRONGER TOGETHER Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) Summit.
VIEW SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITES.
Attend the STRONGER TOGETHER DEI Summit to learn how companies and organizations are leveraging their DEI strategies to sustain their workforce and attract new talent. Sign up for one of three workshops that will deep-dive into critical facets of meaningful DEI work. Gain insights from companies that will spotlight DEI strategies that have benefited their organizations in tangible ways. This DEI Summit will provide businesses with effective ways for communicating and implementing DEI strategies for:
- Creating a broader understanding of the many dimensions of diversity
- Building bridges and fostering trusted relationships
- Finding common ground in shared values and business goals
- Explaining the impact of DEI on profitability and increased productivity
- Understanding and embracing the advantages of the growing diversity of our region
Who Should Attend: CDOs and C-Level executives,Vice Presidents and Directors of: Diversity & Inclusion, Talent Management, Human Resources; Professionals with responsibility for: Diversity & Inclusion, Organization Culture, Leadership Development, Employee Engagement, Learning, Succession Planning, Learning and Development, Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Global Business, Ethics, and Integrity.
Registration includes one of three workshops:
- Workshop: A Different Kind of Diversity - Building Inclusion Across Multi-Generation Work Groups
- Facilitator: Judy McMurtry, CEO, JM Excel Consultant
- A hands-on breakout session that will provide practical tools for use within the workforce to assist in understanding how to successfully interact with multiple generations.
- Hospitality for All: A Case Study and Blue Print for Establishing a DEI Foundation
- Facilitator: Visit Henry County, GA
- Recognizing a need for both soft skills customer service training as well as education on topics pertaining to diversity, equity and inclusion within the hospitality sector and larger business community, Visit Henry County, GA—the tourism department of the Henry County Chamber of Commerce—developed the Culture of Customer Service. This case study session will review how the Culture of Customer Service program was inspired, created, organized, messaged, and delivered to Henry County businesses. The session will also provide a foundation for how anyone can start or restart their own business culture.
- Empowering Your Employees through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
ERGs – Key to Inclusion at Work
- Facilitator: Joseph B. Henning, IOM, CAE, President & CEO, Henry County Chamber of Commerce
- Employee Resource Groups are not new. However, supporting – and nurturing ERGs – can take a moment and create a movement as employers are increasingly faced with DEI challenges. ERGs are employee-led initiatives aimed at fostering DEI in the workplace. Participation is voluntary, but the influence and connection that results strengthens inclusion and belonging.
Date and Time
Tuesday Jun 27, 2023
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM EDT
9:00 AM Registration & Connections
10:00 AM Program Begins
2:00 PM Program Ends
Merle Manders Conference Center
$45 Chamber Members (25% Discount off the $60 price applied at checkout)
$60 Future Chamber Members
Fayette Chamber of Commerce