Sales Support Specialist
Works directly with the sales team in a variety of functions including account management, sales-analysis, contracts and administrative support. Proactively handles management of projects, new business opportunities, order entry, account maintenance, data entry and other activities required to support the sales and service needs of SMC³ prospects and customers. In addition, works with the sales leadership team to position the value of SMC³ products and integrate product offerings within software developers, alliances and customers. Works collaboratively with other areas (marketing, development, integration services, etc.) to meet the needs of customers, and also heads up appropriate training for Sales Support staff.
Essential Job Functions
All functions below are performed “under general direction and supervision”:
- Inside sales activities and other customer facing responsibilities as directed by sales management
- Responsible for coordinating and managing pre and post-sale /development projects and activities on a daily basis.
- Responsible for contracts, agreements and licensing including development, renewal, tracking and maintenance.
- Takes, enters and manages orders for all products and services.
- Responsible for handling issues, problems and opportunities directly or in collaboration with other areas of SMC³ to expeditiously resolve inquiries.
- Handles administrative and routine tasks required to provide a consistent and quality experience for customers.
- Maintains current technology information along with product versioning, integrations, etc. within database.
- Participates in customer functions including customer visit to SMC³ office, visit to customers, trade shows and other function which result in occasional and limited travel.
- Collaboratively assists in educating, transitioning and licensing customers to appropriate value-added product offerings.
- With assistance, proactively works with the sales team and other SMC³ departments and takes a leadership role to keep customers and sales informed of technology enhancements, upgrades, new products, and problem resolution.
- Engage resources and guidance from operations and Sales Associate and Director of Sales in order to deliver the best customer solution.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned by the Sales Associate and Director of Sales.
- Candidate will be responsible for helping to establish pricing for each account based on customers size/needs. In addition, it will be expected of said candidate to review each account for adjustments to previous pricing/services as needed based on company factors.
- Candidate must possess the ability to have ongoing dialog with customers to provide scope of licensing as well as provisions of said licensing.
- College degree desirable or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Contract Administration a plus
- 1-3 years of experience in phone sales and administration a plus
- PC skills, Word, Excel, PPT, typing required
- Knowledge of LTL or LSP a plus
- Experience working with CRM systems a plus
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills required
- Problem solving and analysis skills
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oral Communications
- Written Communications