Technical Support Analyst
The Technical Support Analyst II is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving intermediate technical issues on a wide variety of installed software and SOA systems. They need to be detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage time effectively in a fast paced challenging environment.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication/soft skills, familiar with Collaboration Platforms, Postman, SmartBear’s ReadyAPI and possesses the ability to read/understand XML/JSON. Also, the candidate should be equipped with prioritization and attention to detail skills with a strong drive for success.
Note: The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar.
- Under general supervision, is able to resolve median technical issues via phone, email, and remote access for customers and internal staff on a wide variety of installed software and SOA systems
- Under general supervision, can accurately document all case interactions including customer contacts, resolution steps, customer feedback and capture supporting material
- Promote knowledge transfer to influence positive change and strengthen the team's performance
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of SMC3 products and services
- Take ownership of customer interactions and utilize appropriate timely follow-through
- Responsible for daily schedule adherence, remaining available to assist customers and maintaining quality
- Continuously increase technical aptitude and develop customer service skills to improve the quality of the customer experience
- Under general supervision, act as product technical liaison between development and sales teams
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends
- Under general supervision, apply discretion to ensure outcomes of customer satisfaction
- Performs other related duties as required.
Note: Qualifications listed are guidelines. Other factors may be taken into consideration.
- Associate’s Degree
- 0-2 years of previous experience with technical support of direct end user/customer facing required
- Knowledge of operating systems (Window 7 and higher), networking connectivity/troubleshooting, SoapUI, and web services required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Office, Word and Excel required
- Understanding of SmartBear’s ReadyAPI used for Soap and Rest web services required
- Familiarity with Postman
- Knowledge of Collaboration Platforms (i.e., SharePoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to actively listen and comprehend technical issues
- Apply discretion to ensure outcomes of customer satisfaction
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of the Transportation Industry, a plus
- Mid-level Problem Solving Skills
- Median Analytical Skills
- Adequate Interpersonal Skills
- Established Customer Facing Skills
- Conventional Oral Communications Skills
- Formal Written Communications Skills
- Competent Planning/Organization Skills
- Attention to Detail/Accuracy