JOB EXPECTATIONS AND REESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean guest rooms in accordance with SUN policies and procedures
- Clean proper number of guest rooms within allotted time frame
- Provide Turndown service if/when required or requested
- Clean public areas and back of the house areas as required/requested
- Ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs
- Adhere to LSOPs and SOPs and health/sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
- Organize supplies/goods/carts at beginning of shift in order to control inventory and ensure proper supplies are available during your shift.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Log items into the Lost and Found and answer inquires to maintain controls and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Participate in and adhere to emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel, guests, staff and company assets.
- Assist other staff in the performance of duties such as trash removal, exterior trash pick-up, providing support and assistance in other departments, and any other task or special project requested of a supervisor.
- When needed, assist other departments and employees with any tasks requested by a supervisor or manager
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: High school education or equivalent experience
Experience: Experience in the hospitality housekeeping field preferred by not necessarily required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to physically perform the tasks required of this position (listed above)
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, coworkers and guests
- Ability to follow direction and work independently
Hours Required: Eight hour shift typical but not guaranteed; scheduled days and times may vary based on need. Holidays and Weekends may be required.
Physical Job Requirements
- Position requires daily and frequent lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying of supplies, linen, chemicals, housekeeping equipment carts, etc.
- Position includes the physical ability to move guestroom furniture, rotate mattresses and perform other strenuous activities
Position requires frequent and daily bending and kneeling, picking up of supplies, removal of trash, cleaning of guest rooms, removal of linens, etc.
Total mobility is required, with continuous movement throughout hotel for entire shift occuring
Continuous standing and/or walking can be expected throughout shift
Position may necessitate the need for climbing stairs
- One-on-one communication with guests, supervisors and coworkers critical
- Must be able to receive and clearly understand the standards and expectations of housekeeping duties
- Must be able to visually identify areas needing attention and inspect those areas upon completion of task
- Must be polite and hospitable in all interactions with guests, supervisor and coworkers
Use of Cleaning chemicals, aerosol sprays and other chemicals used to perform function
Protective Clothing Type:
- Non-slip shoes are required
- Job may require back brace, gloves and other protective equipment
- Vacuums and other housekeeping equipment
- Radios and other communication devices