Guest Service Agents
Check-in and check-out guests and respond to inquiries and problems in an efficient, courteous
and professional manner to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all SOPs and LSOPs.
- Handle guest registration and room assignments, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Make guest reservations in a prompt and courteous manner, following the standard reservation systems, software and expectations of the company and of the brand
- Pre-register, block reservations and take same day reservations and when necessary future reservations following hotel rate structures, discounts, and sell strategies.
- Handle guest check-ins/check-outs in accordance with hotel credit/cash handling policies in a efficient and friendly manner.
- Resolve customer complaints; assist customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, check cashing, safety boxes, etc.
- Cancel room reservations according to procedures.
- Walk customers in a professional and courteous manner according to procedures.
- Inventory guest room keys according to policy and request re-keying as necessary.
- Assist with responsibilities and duties in the absence or heavy volume in the areas of Bell Person, PBX Operator, and Reservationist.
- Verify registration cards against computer to ensure accuracy of name, type of payment, rate, market segment.
- Deliver guest invoices if working overnight shifts
- Perform Night Audit functions as needed, and/or as requested by supervisor
- Assist in other departments when the need arises, as directed by supervisor. This may include assisting with breakfast set up or clean-up, assisting with basic property cleanliness such as trash removal, assisting with basic clerical tasks to assist the sales, revenue and marketing efforts, and assisting with housekeeping and/or laundry needs
- When needed, assist other departments and employees with any tasks requested by a supervisor or manager
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: High School education or equivalent experience.
Experience: Previous experience in the hotel industry as Front Desk Agent preferred but not necessarily required. Much experience is gained from on-the-job training
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent grooming and appearance standards are required
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required
- Problem-solving skills are critical
- Ability to take direction and work independently is required
- Promptness and exceptional attendance is required
- Requires a working knowledge of the Front Desk aspect of Sun's services, policies or operations and a general knowledge of the hotel.
- Requires knowledge of and ability to operate computer equipment and the reservations system.
- Scheduled days and times may vary based on need and/or direction of supervisor
- Flexibility in scheduling required, including weekends, night and holidays when needed
- Must adhere to the time and attendance policies set forth by the company
Physical Job Requirements
Positions may require lifting of front office supplies, assisting with guest luggage, carrying of linens and laundry, kitchen supplies, and other essential property supplies
Position requires frequent bending and kneeling to access supplies, drawers and cabinets, office supplies, and other essential property supplies
Position requires ability to assist guests, walk guests and clients to rooms and meeting locations, deliver supplies or requests to housekeeping and other property departments, distribute invoices to guest rooms, and be able to assist with other essential property needs
This position requires continuous standing for entire shift
This position may require climbing of property stairs
This position requires that the employee be able to clearly communicate with, understand, and respond to supervisors, coworkers and guests