BASIC PURPOSE: Keep all washable dishware & equipment/supplies clean and stocked at the proper level throughout all hours of operation in order to ensure proper service to all guests.
- Ensure that the dishwashing station is set up properly for ware washing and that the correct chemicals are used/levels maintained at State and company standards for ware washing sanitization.
- Maintain the dishwashing station in a neat and orderly condition at all times.
- Advise supervisor when ware washing chemical levels are low and/or need to be replaced. Assist all servers in constantly checking the restaurant/bar/lobby areas for dirty dishes, empty glasses, cleanliness, etc.
- Do regular hourly floor checks of all hotel guest room floors for dirty room service dishes left in the hallway.
- Operate glass washers and ware washing machines as necessary, putting clean glassware in its place, checking often to ensure that there is enough on hand for the service period and replenishing key service areas.
- Sweep and mop all back of house areas during and at the end of every shift, removing, cleaning and replacing matting each time.
- Assist in set-up/break-down of dining areas as requested by manager.
- Assist in cleaning tables/public spaces as needed.
- When needed, assist other departments and employees with any tasks requested by a supervisor or manager
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: No formal education required
Experience: Cleaning and stocking experience preferred
Physical Job Requirements
- Constant lifting required of kitchen equipment, food items and dishware of various sizes and weights
- Ability to remove heavy bags of garbage and waste
Functions of this job include frequent bending, stooping and kneeling during the course of a shift.
Total mobility necessary, with continuous walking within the F & B Department required, along with above mentioned physical activity required
Position includes continuous standing and/or walking during entire shift
May require climbing of moderate amount of stairs
- Must be able to visually inspect items being cleaned, as well as visually able to identify cleaning equipment and chemicals
- Must be able to understand, interact with and follow-through with directions and instructions given by supervisor
Position may require the use of:
- Hair nets or brand-required head covering
- Safety Shoes
No. of employees supervised: None
Travel required: None
- Scheduled days and times may vary based on need and/or the direction of supervisor
- Weekends, night and holidays may be required
- Must adhere to the time and attendance policies set forth by the company