As the liaison between service technicians and customers in the dealership, the service advisor is responsible for greeting clients, listening to customer requests, scheduling service appointments and informing the customer as the process progresses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers and asking questions to determine service needs
- Consulting with technicians about needed repairs and alternatives that can be offered in place of expensive repairs
- Answering customer questions about service outcomes and consulting with technicians when necessary
- Informing customers about potential cost savings and warranty protection
- Assisting customer with deciding to fix their golf cart through the dealership's shop or exploring options for a new cart
- Actively involved with the service department's scheduling and workflow
- Informing customers of changes in service or when their vehicle is ready to be picked up
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education
- Customer service skills: Service Advisors deal with suppliers, provide estimates and schedule appointments, so being courteous and friendly is essential. They also need to be able to handle customer complaints diplomatically and politely.
- Communication skills: As a liaison between the customer and technician, a Service Advisor needs to be able to clearly explain the technician's repair recommendations to customers while communicating customer needs to technicians.
- Comprehension skills: Service Advisors should be able to comprehend customers questions and concerns as well as what is being said when technicians give complex service recommendations.
- Troubleshooting skills: Service Advisors need to be able to think on their feet and quickly resolve issues when customers change their minds about service work, repairs are running behind schedule or parts arrive late.
- Math and writing skills: Service Advisors prepare and calculate estimates so having good math and writing skills are an essential part of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.